Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Burren


The Dolman at Poulnabrone in the Burren in County Clare. This was one of those strange days. It rained like it always does in Ireland, but mostly when we got out of the tour bus at sites of specific interest. It was no different at the Dolman. Add to that the fact that there were at least 5 buses behind us and getting a pic without people in it was an adventure in itself. I'd do it all again the next time I go back. The dark clouds with the weak, watery sun adds a sense of age and mystery to the photo. Pretty much what Ireland is all about.

1 comment:

The Irishman said...

Wonderful blog...I just wanted to compliment you on a job well done!
The photography is stunning...I have enjoyed your posts!
I hope you don't mind but I did add a "link" to your blog off of mine.
My blog is called "An Irishman's Dream...and other stout stuff.
My url is as follows:
http://kerryguy7.blogspot.com/

Anyway...keep up the fine work!
Best to you and...
Slainte!